Studio Assistant - Textile Design & Sales
Details for mobile devices
Himatsingka America - Drapery & Upholstery
Looking for a career-building opportunity?
JOIN our NYC Design Studio and Sales Office for an international textile company based in Bangalore, India.
STUDIO FOCUS is textiles for drapery & upholstery, some fashion.
SMALL TEAM in New York, each person contributes to success, in a growing division, part of a larger manufacturing group, publicly traded on the India Stock Exchange.
ENERGETIC TEAM PLAYER needed to coordinate in our studio:
--sampling and pricing exchanges among 3 pillars of the business: Mill, Sales and Design in NY, North American Clients.
--shipping and receiving weekly couriers with India
--support Sr. Textile Designer, manage yarn bank, sample library, photo & file documentation, PLM tracking.
--support VP sales, price sheets, product research, sales trip prep, Market week, PLM reports.
COMPETITIVE SALARY commensurate with experience & FULL BENEFITS
* positive work ethic
* crisp organization and attention to detail
* good written and verbal communication skills
* collaborative work style; willing to follow direction and willing to take initiative
* design passion, color sense, fiber knowledge, willingness to learn
* market awareness, merchandising and sales savvy
* wholesale and retail knowledge or curiosity for research
* must be comfortable with Microsoft Suite, (especially Excel) Adobe Acrobat and utilisation of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM). CAD a plus and Weaving knowledge a big plus.
Founded in 1985, the Himatsingka Group focuses on design and product development, best-in class manufacturing processes and efficient supply chain capabilities to ensure the highest level of customer service in the industry of bedding, spinning, terry towels and decorative fabrics.
Drapery & Upholstery
The vertically integrated Drapery and Upholstery manufacturing operation is equipped with yarn preparation, yarn dyeing, weaving and finishing capabilities. The facility is amongst the largest in the world in its class of products, high density wovens for interior use.
The New York Design Studio and Sales Office
is a creative and commercial liaison between the Himatsingka Mill and our clients in North America. Located in the heart of textile midtown we share the neighborhood with hip hotels and boutiques, as well as the Empire State Building and Madison Square.
Vice President Sales, North America