Interior Design Assistant
Details for mobile devices
Timothy Corrigan, Inc.
Timothy Corrigan, Inc. seeks an experienced individual for an Assistant Designer position. The individual will report to a Senior Designer and must have extensive experience in all phases of interior design work. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in timeless, elegant and comfortable interiors, who wants to become deeply involved in the creative and implementation process.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting designers with all aspects of a project from concept through completion.
- Sourcing fabric, furniture and accessories,
- Obtaining vendor quotes to create client proposals and purchase orders.
- Following up with vendors using Studio IT
- Preparing floor and furniture plans, elevations and furniture drawings in AutoCAD
- Basic photo editing in Photoshop.
- Creating and maintaining schedules,
- Coordinating sample/cfa approvals, coordinating shipments to vendors and clients and final installations.
- Running errands, shopping for essentials, visiting job sites, preparing templates and other special assignments.
- Record keeping and maintaining client design materials in an organized and accessible manner.
- Helping with design library organization.
Minimum 1- 2 years experience in an Interior Design firm
Strong AutoCAD skills for interior plans and elevations
Knowledge of Studio IT is a plus
Knowledge of stores and showrooms
Attention to detail and extremely organized
Great attitude and proactive work style
Ability to work on multiple projects and juggle multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment
Ability to create/maintain schedules, timelines and status reports
Have excellent problem solving skills, and outstanding communications skills.
Timothy Corrigan is considered one of the leading interior designers in the world. With offices in Los Angeles and Paris, his firm has completed projects in Europe, the Middle East and across the United States. His work has been featured in over 1,000 publications, and 25 countries. Timothy has been honored by design centers around the world, and has been named to multiple top designer lists, including the 2017 Design Icon Award, the AD100, Star of Design, Robb Report’s Top 40 Designers in the World and the Luxe Gold List. He was the first American designer honored by the French Heritage Society for his restoration of several national landmarks in France. Timothy has designed successful licensed collections with several partners, including Schumacher, Royal Limoges and THG Paris, and has upcoming collections for Samuel & Sons and Fromental. His best selling book, “An Invitation to Chateau du Grand-Lucé,” chronicles the restoration of his landmark chateau in France. Timothy is currently working on his next book to be published by Rizzoli.