Director of Marketing - Home Furnishings
Details for mobile devices
Merchandise Mart Properties, Inc.
This person is responsible for overseeing the development, implementation and execution of marketing, advertising, public relations plans and overall promotion of the Design Center.
• Conceive, develop and manage day-to-day marketing campaigns for Showrooms of the Design Center at the Merchandise Mart, including special events, advertising, public relations and sample sales.
• Oversees brand development and creates key messages that align with goals and target audiences.
• Develops all content for direct mail, web, HTML communications, presentations, brochures, etc.
• Creates and manages timelines for all marketing deliverables
• Responsible for managing and maintaining a balanced budget
• Manages and maintains detailed database for multiple awards programs, sales programs
• Assist sales and leasing teams with marketing materials to lease booth space at annual trade show and permanent showroom space within the Merchandise Mart.
• Serve as marketing liaison for Merchandise Mart Properties, Inc. with trade associations, tenants, retailers, interior designers, media and industry partners
• Coordinate overall trade show market with internal departments of sales, event planning, registration, operations and security
• Hire and manage external creative, media and public relations agencies as well as other outside vendors as needed.
• Serve as media spokesperson for the outdoor/casual furnishings industry
• Establish speaker seminars and special events as needed
• Conducts research and post-analysis of initiatives to influence future marketing recommendations
The ideal candidate for this position will possess a Bachelor’s Degree (concentration in Marketing or Communications preferred). Minimum of 7-10 years relevant professional experience in marketing environment in a supervisory role.
• Successful history of developing effective marketing campaigns
• Excellent strategic thinking abilities
• Experience establishing and managing budgets
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills with acute attention to detail. Excellent editing and Proofreading skills
• Strong project management skills with the ability to assess processes and implement change to Improve quality and efficiency
• Highly organized, creative and resourceful
• Ability to work under pressure with multiple deadlines
• Thrives in fast paced, changing environment
Merchandise Mart Properties, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The Merchandise Mart is the world’s largest commercial building and largest wholesale design center and one of Chicago’s premier international business locations.